Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lost and Found

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."
T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding"

I used this quote in another blog entry, but it has new meaning. There are two true things about me: I love exploring, and I want to belong. It has taken living in Mozambique to convince me that I belong here in the Northwest, not where I began my life, but where I have lived most of my life. I would like to think that my ongoing exploration has taught me more about how to live and love well here.

What do I know about this place? It's where my children, dad and siblings live; it's a place of natural beauty; it's where my friends invite me over for games or a meal; it's where I find meaningful work; it's where I have found a bit of contentment, but not complacency.  


No comments: